Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Creative Parking

You're probably familiar with those Smart Cars. They are very small. They are so small that the driver of one of them parked perpendicular to the curb in a parallel parking space. The back of his car didn't come past the sides of the other cars. He got a ticket, though. I wonder if he contested it. After all, he wasn't taking up more than his allotted space.
Washington D.C. is adding streetcar lines, which should be in use by early 2012. I once lived in a city with a street car, and it was really, really handy. In D.C. I use the Metro. The problem with the Metro, though, is finding a parking place at the station. Right now, I take the bus to the station and then transfer.
There is a bus stop right around the corner. I love mass transit, but I still drive my car more than I should.

No comments: