Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Good Old Days Were Awful

If you read my post yesterday, you know children from 5 years old and up worked just like adults in 1851. We don't have that in the U.S. any more, though, sadly, it still exists.
But today I'm thinking of something we have gained -- the internet. I love it.
I love Facebook - found a friend yesterday I thought I'd lost forever. I joined a writers' group. I've found recipes. I've found out how to keep the dog out of the refrigerator (at least most of the time). I've ordered lots of cool stuff. I've learned a lot. I'm blogging.
The internet is like anything else. It has some disgusting sites - because some people do disgusting things. But it has much, much more good than bad -- just like people, I believe, are more good than bad.

I love it.

No comments: