Friday, December 18, 2009

Firefox and Microsoft - please leave me alone.

Microsoft and Firefox, I am on to you. You want me to spend money, don't you?
You will not let me alone with my antiquated software which works perfectly well. Oh no. You keep offering me updates:

"Firefox is installing your updates and will start in a few moments."
News flash: I do not want new updates. I want you to start already.
I wait impatiently. After several minutes, I get another message telling me the updates cannot be installed because another edition of Firefox is already running.
I am directed to reinstall Firefox.
Listen, Firefox. I do not want updates. I want the edition of Firefox already running to open.

And then Firefox sends me this one:
"Well, this is embarrassing." What? Is my computer blushing?
"Firefox cannot restore the windows from your last session."
I didn't ask you to restore anything. Just open!

When I tried to post this blog today, Blogspot sent me a message saying I couldn't post because I didn't have cookies. Look, people. You were happy with my cookies before; you let me post yesterday. What is it? Do you want me to sample your new recipe?
Fine. I'll start all over. I'll reboot: ctrl + alt + delete
Waiting. Waiting. Then
"The program is not responding." Well, duh.
"If you want to end the program immediately, click End Now." Promises, promises.
I click "End Now." It doesn't. I wait.
It's time for drastic measures. I push the magic on/off button on the keyboard. I restart.
Then this message: "Your last session of Windows closed unexpectedly..."
And whose fault was that? Yours!

I'm not a technophobe. Really. I just think if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Microsoft, Firefox, Blogspot: leave me alone.

1 comment:

pameykay said...

I totally agree!!! Computers just don't like me anyway!! lol